COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
These are based on requirements and recommendations from the CDC, OHA (Oregon Health Authority), FSMTB (Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards), and The LifeQual Center
- Every client must complete an intake upon scheduling their first appointment since the outbreak of COVID-19
- Every client must read and sign the COVID-19 Health Information & Informed Consent form before each appointment
- Clients must wear a mask when inside the building
- Clients who are unvaccinated must wear a mask at all times, even during the massage
- Clients are requested to alert the therapist if they develop any cold or flu-like symptoms or if they test positive for COVID-19
- If the therapist begins to have symptoms of COVID-19, suspects exposure, or tests positive, she will contact all clients from the previous two weeks
- The massage therapist is not authorized to share health data of clients without the client’s written consent
- The client must cancel if they experience any COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to a person with the virus, or if they have tested positive for the virus.
- The client must cancel if they experience any cold, flu, or allergy symptoms.
Action Plan to Prevent Exposure and to Address Exposure or Potential Exposure to COVID-19
Self-Monitoring by the Massage Therapist for Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19:
- Massage therapist self-monitors for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 every day
- The massage therapist will treat any new symptom as suspicious
- If the massage therapist develops a temperature or symptoms of the illness, she will cancel massage appointments and self-isolate for 14 days or seek to obtain COVID-19 testing
If the massage therapist was exposed or potentially exposed to COVID-19, she will:
- Monitor for symptoms and self-isolate for 14 days
- If possible, obtain testing and be cleared of infection
- If symptoms present, she will contact her healthcare provider
- Comply with contact tracing efforts made by the Oregon Health Authority
- Notify all clients who received a massage within the previous two weeks. Client confidentiality will be maintained
Appointment Policies – Cancellations / No Show / Late Arrival
I understand that unanticipated events happen occasionally in everyone’s life. In my desire to be effective and fair to all of my clients and out of consideration for the therapist’s time, I have adopted the following appointment policies:
24-hour advance notice is required when canceling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to give a 24-hour notice, you may be charged 50% for your missed appointment. If I am able to schedule someone else in your place, you will not be charged.
You are required to cancel if you or anyone in your household is sick. A late fee may be applied if inadequate notice is provided and will be applied at the therapist’s discretion.
No-shows – Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their appointment with no contact will be considered a “no-show”. You will be charged the full amount for your “missed” appointment and future service will be denied until payment is made.
Arriving late – Appointment times have been arranged specifically for you. If you arrive late your session may be shortened in order to accommodate the appointments that follow yours. Depending upon how late you arrive, I will determine if there is enough time remaining to start a treatment. Regardless of the length of the treatment given, you will be responsible for the full session price. I will, however, do my best to satisfy the scheduled time.
Illness/Emergency – Please contact me immediately. If you are unsure whether to keep your appointment because of an illness, please call so we can discuss and decide together.
Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, Cash, Check, Cash App, Zelle
As a business owner, I graciously decline tips. In lieu of tips, please continue treatment and refer friends and family.
I’m currently credentialed with Blue Cross and Providence. Please see my Medical Insurance and Massage page for more details.
Notice of Privacy Practices for Clients – Notice of Privacy Practices_Client